I’ve been slacking on this blogging business lately, so I’m super thankful to A. G. Carpenter for tagging me for the Sunshine Award. 1.) I’m happy she thought of me and 2.) I have a built-in blog topic. Woot!
So, here are the rules of this meme:
- include the Logo and a link to who nominated you
- write 10 things about yourself
- nominate and link to 10 more awesome people for the award
Okay, yeah that does sound pretty easy. Let’s get to it, shall we?
10 Interesting (Or Not-So-Interesting) Things About Me
1. One of the first stories I ever wrote was about a fire-breathing sand man that lived in a hot air balloon. Yeah, I don’t know either.
2. I love animals of all kinds and had pet rats up until last year. In the colder months, they’d sit in the hood on my sweatshirt or even in my sleeves as I sat at the computer.
3. I married my high school prom date.
4. I always said I never wanted kids because I was afraid of mirroring negative relationships in my life. But now that I’m pregnant, I couldn’t be happier. Part of me is irrationally terrified that I’ll make the same mistakes as others, but most of me knows I won’t. And that’s comforting.
5. I don’t think my mom has ever read a single one of my stories.
6. My sister-in-law is pregnant with a girl and due three weeks after me. Super cute they’ll be so close in age.
7. I’m fairly certain I’ve suffered from depression for over 10 years and anxiety even longer than that.
8. When I was in elementary school, I tried to stage a play about kids that found a haunted house with a dead person trapped in the walls.
9. One of my favorite authors is Stephen King. In fact, I’d go so far as to say his work is the reason I wanted to become a writer in the first place.
10. I don’t have a handle on this whole “being an adult” thing. It’s getting better but I still have no idea what I’m doing half the time. I don’t know if it reassures me or terrifies me that everyone else likely feels the same way.
Tag, You’re It!
What follows are the people I’m tagging for the Sunshine Award. I’ll try to link to their posts should they decide to make them. 🙂
1. Matthew Barron – My husband and father of our child. He’s awesome.
2. Michael Haynes – Fantastic writer and friend. Read his stuff!
3. Amy & Ken Noel – A twofer! Super cool people with a blog you should read.
4. Danni Menard – Always interesting and supportive.
5. Samuel Mae – Fellow writer and editor. Purveyor of pie-related temptation.
6. Brittany Marczak – Fun Twitter friend and fellow writer.
7. Lauren Orbison – Great writer and always offers words of encouragement.
8. Wendy Wagner – Can you say awesome?
9. Justine McGreevy – Writer and artist extraordinaire.
10. Anya Breton – Writer and always around to lend support on Twitter.
Latest posts by Brenda Barron (see all)
- What Will Social Media Have to Offer in 5 Years? - July 6, 2017
- How Online Reviews Can Make or Break Your Business: Infographic - March 21, 2017
- ‘Tis the Season: Tax Prep for U.S. Freelancers - March 11, 2017